I don't remember where I saw this - but it is worth sharing with you.
Important things to teach our children... and remind ourselves
1. It’s okay to cry when you’re hurt. But pick yourself up off the floor when you’re done. You don’t belong down there.
2. You are a whole person. You do not need a partner, but you can absolutely enjoy your life with a good one.
3. Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is. Don’t confuse these.
4. Don't waste your time on someone who repeatedly hurts you. You're better off on your own.
5. ‘I Can’t’ - is a lie. You Can do, learn and achieve anything you can dream - If you have the courage and fortitude the sky is the limit.
6. Everyone is human. Everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect. Be your own best role model.
7. If you can’t smile with your eyes, don’t smile. Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.
8. Stay true to yourself always.
9. Your body, your rules.
10. If you have an opinion, you’d better know why.
11. Practice your passions.
12. Ask for what you want. The worst thing they can say is no. You'll get more 'Yes's than you'd think.
13. Wish on stars, and then get to work to make them happen.
14. Stay as sweet as you are.
15. Say Please, Thank You, and Pardon Me, whenever the situation warrants it.
16. Reserve “I’m sorry” for when you truly are!
17. Question everything ... except your own intuition.
18. You are amazing! Don't let anyone ever make you feel you are not. If someone
does....walk away. You deserve better.
19. No matter where you are, you can always come home.
20. Be happy and remember your roots, family is EVERYTHING.
21. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
22. Be kind; treat others how you would like them to treat you.
23. When in doubt, have faith - this too shall pass.